The College started fostering entrepreneurship efforts from its inception. Maryknoll Systems, C Mart, Food Production Lab etc. were some of them. An entrepreneurship development Centre was inaugurated on campus through the setting of MICAS Lab in 1999. However, a much more coordinated effort towards supporting entrepreneurship initiatives came with the setting up of the Innovation and Entrepreneurship Development Centre (IEDC) in 2015 by Kerala Start-up Mission.
Innovation and Entrepreneurship Development Centre (IEDC) is an initiative of Kerala Start-up Mission (KSUM), formerly Technopark Technology Business Incubator (T-TBI). The aim of IEDC is to promote innovation and entrepreneurship among the student community. The activities include entrepreneurship development programmes, innovation contests, business presentations, skill training, industry visits, and more.
Marian College Kuttikkanam was successful in setting up an incubation facility for start-up boot camp, Marian Incubation Centre (MI3), in 2015. The main objective of the centre was to create an industrial atmosphere for the start-up bootcamp activities conducted inside the campus. The incubation facility has 24x7 internet connectivity supported by four leased lines. It is furnished with modern shelves and cupboards and is capable of holding meetings and support sessions for start-up bootcamp. A couple of high-end computer systems and a high-quality print-copy-scan machine is installed in the incubation centre. A full Adobe suite has been installed on the system for software related projects and for branding and advertisement purpose.
Marian Incubation Centre (MI3) acts as the facilitator for all entrepreneurial activities inside the campus.
Incubation in-charge: Mr Jerome Varghese
IEDC Nodal Officer: Mr Jerome Varghese
ARIIA Nodal Officer: Mr Jerome Varghese
IIC Nodal officer: Mr Jerome Varghese
Marian incubation centre (MI3) is an initiative of Marian College Kuttikkanam to provide a 360-degree network of incubation by providing incubates with necessary team building, infrastructure support, research assistance, technology/prototype development support, feasibility analysis, market research, and also rally around in getting funding, business consulting assistance and to do any other thing that is necessary to make start-up successful.
The main focus of the MI3 is to: -
• Identify entrepreneurial talents among students in Marian College Kuttikkanam by giving effective support from ideation to successful business implementation.
• Promote social entrepreneurship in the region and there by an entrepreneurial culture in Kerala.
• Assist the entrepreneurs to build multi-disciplinary, technology-based enterprises.
• Address the technology-based entrepreneurship development requirements in the traditional sectors of Kerala.
• Train the entrepreneurs in technology and business management.
• Introduce entrepreneurial skills to the students of various departments in college.
• Build appropriate training programs suitable for Kerala's socio-economic culture.
• Identifying niche markets and supporting innovators to solve real problems.
• Identify market niche for technology/non-technology products and services to be addressed by entrepreneurs.
• Undertake Research & Development activities and build a workable model for promoting Entrepreneurship in these high-range regions of Kerala.
• Interfacing and networking among academic, R&D institutions, industries and financial institutions.
• Interfacing with corporates for supporting student entrepreneurs.
• Establishing a platform for speedy commercialization of the technologies developed within the college to reach the end-users.
• Assist in the creation of successful business ventures.
To create global distinction by advancing education through entrepreneurship and to foster innovation, creativity, learning and research excellence, particularly among youth.
The ideology of the firm is about strategic planning and the core purpose of information technology and its perks on the public sector targeting mainly within the academia sector. It is based on innovation effectiveness through knowledge enhancement and integration and the collective knowledge is invested in bringing out what’s best for the academia by refining the use of technology to its maxima.
1. ARIIA Ranking -Recognized in band “promising” under College Category in ARIIA ranking 2021.
2. IIC – 3.5-star rating by MHRD.
3. Selected for Impact Lecture Session with funding support from MIC/AICTE.
4. Shortlisted in Young Innovator’s Program (YIP) by the Kerala Govt.
IDEA ID: 2355, IDEA THEME: Agriculture & Allied Sectors.
5. Selection as Kerala Development and Innovation Strategic Council (K-DISC’s) partner institution under One District One Idea – MSME innovation clusters programme.
6. Four Innovation Ambassadors from the college (Fr Biju John C, Mr Sajan N Thomas, Mr Jerome Varghese, Mr Win Mathew John).