Drama club is a group of students or actors who come together to explore and engage in theatrical performances. The purpose of the club is to provide a platform for students to showcase their acting skills, creativity, and storytelling abilities. It also helps students to develop their communication and leadership skills, work collaboratively, and build self-confidence. The club typically meets on a regular basis to discuss, plan, and rehearse for upcoming performances, which can range from plays, musicals, skits, or monologues. The drama club provides a supportive environment for students to explore their interests, develop new skills, and cultivate a love for the performing arts. The goal of the drama club is to promote a love of theater and offer students a chance to express their creativity and perform in front of an audience.
“To create a community where students can express themselves creatively, build confidence, and develop their acting skills”.
“Our mission for the drama club is to provide a platform for students to showcase their talents and creativity through the art of drama. We aim to foster a love for drama and performance, and to create a supportive and inclusive environment where students can develop their skills and confidence in acting, stage craft and theatrical production”.
1. To foster creativity and imagination in students through the use of drama, theater, and performance arts.
2. To provide a platform for students to showcase their skills, express their emotions, and develop their confidence.
3. To encourage teamwork and collaboration among students by allowing them to work together on different productions and performance pieces.
4. To promote cultural awareness and appreciation of different styles of drama, including classical and contemporary theater.
5. To develop critical thinking and problem-solving skills in students by encouraging them to analyze and interpret different plays, scripts, and performances.
6. To develop leadership and organizational skills in students by providing opportunities to take on roles such as stage manager, director, and producer.
Membership is open to all students of Marian college; functionaries for the club are elected on a yearly basis.