- Has a tradition of academic excellence proven through merits in competitive examinations and high placements.
- Has published seven books relevant to academic pursuits between 2017-2022.
- Received RUSA funds for publishing research paper on Religious Harmony in Kerala in 2021.
- Ranked 28th among the top private mass communication colleges in India by Outlook magazine
- The staff and students regularly participate in the International Film Festival of India (IFFI) and the International Film Festival of Kerala (IFFK).
The department follows outcome-based learning in education. It provides the students with a rich subset of talents that would help them excel in the domain of journalism, mass media, public relations, new media, event management, film, advertising, and others.
The programme demands research papers, practical work, projects, internships, and industrial visits. Experienced Faculty in the field of media academics handle the courses.
To ensure maximum and effective participation and creativity, we have set up an modern audio-visual studio, with advanced recording, editing, dubbing and related amenities. Reputed personalities from the media world frequently visit the department to provide professional training to the students.
The campus boasts of:
- Delightful and cool environment, surrounded by lush green hills
- Advanced audio-visual recording studio.
Smart classrooms that enhance the way of learning digitally.
- A total of three months of internship in reputed industrial establishments.
- Outreach programmes to provide academic as well as communicative insight with a sense of humanism.
- Hands-on training in print, online, audio, and visual productions.
- Intensive orientation programmes for spoken and written English, along with specialized sessions on personality development.
- Includes new-gen subjects such as Film Curation, Digital Media Marketing, Solo Journalism, Technical Writing, Event Management, Mobile Journalism and others.
- Participation in the International Film Festivals every year.
- NET coaching.
- Placement opportunities.
- Flipped classroom instructional strategy.
- Options for electives.
- International Film Festival organized by the students.
The MCMS programme envisages an outcome-based learning approach. Self-directed continuous learning skills are nurtured. Students are empowered to use their autonomy as learners to gain knowledge and practice specific skills.
The pedagogy adopted consists of:
- Lectures and seminars
- Case studies
- Flipped classrooms
- Contextual learning
- AV presentations
- Film/video analysis
- Managing various events
- Participation in national and international film festivals
- Lectures by experts
- Debates and group discussions
- Industrial visits
- Practical sessions
- Special training and workshops
- Technical sessions and lab hours
The aspirants to the MA in Communication and Media Studies (MCMS) programme are required to possess any Bachelor’s degree from Mahatma Gandhi University or its equivalent approved by the same university with an aggregate of 50% marks (or CGPA of 2). The SC/ST/SEBC/OEC candidates shall be awarded a relaxation in the minimum marks required as per the rules of the Government of Kerala
The candidates will be called for an entrance examination and a personal Interview having equal weightage of 50 marks each. A merit list would be prepared based on this.
- The aspirant has to submit an online application through the college website along with the application fee
- Candidates applying under management/community quota have to download an additional form after registration which has to be filled and submitted to the college office.
- The certificates required for the application must be uploaded.
- Candidates awaiting the results of the qualifying examination are also eligible to apply. However, the admission process will be completed only after the submission of the result of the qualifying examination.
Candidates admitted to the MCMS programme under Credit and Semester System (CSS) shall be required to have passed any undergraduate Degree Examination of any recognized University or authority by the Mahatma Gandhi University, Kottayam as equivalent thereto with a minimum of 50% marks/CGPA score of 1.80 or equivalent grade.
Fr Sobi Thomas