“To be a transformational leader in education, facilitating and celebrating the full flowering of life in abundance”
we at Marian commit ourselves to achieve our vision through:
- Facilitate an enriching scholastic experience focused on higher order thinking and competencies.
- Create avenues for developing artistic, literary and sports talents, life skills, personal health and well-being.
- Nurture a collaborative learning community, open to free exchange of ideas in which research, creative ideation, innovation and entrepreneurship flourish.
- Influence the educational sector by strengthening and innovating outcome- based learning and assessments, fostering multidisciplinary engagements and integrating technologies.
- Bring in a transformative impact on society - regional, national, and global- by attracting diverse talents and engaging with institutional partners.
"Inform, Form and Transform"
These institutional values will be reflected in the actions of all stakeholders of Marian:
- Respect: Respect moves us to understand the gifts and unique nature and contributions of every person in the Marian learning community and to value diverse perspectives.
- Excellence: Excellence commits us to challenge ourselves to utilize our God-given gifts - intellectual, social, physical, spiritual and ethical.
- Compassion: Compassion compels us to stand with and embrace others in their sufferings that, together, we may experience God’s liberating, healing and life giving presence.
- Service: Service calls us to use our gifts, talents and abilities to advance the genuine well-being of our community and those we encounter.
- Hospitality: Hospitality draws us to do our daily work with a spirit of graciousness that welcomes new ideas and people of all backgrounds and beliefs.
- Integrity: Integrity gives us the ability to realize the greater good in our actions and programs and challenges us to look at our work and ourselves holistically and as one that united with nature and others across the globe.
- Diversity: Diversity builds a community that fosters an environment that is open and welcoming diverse people, ideas, and perspectives; that promotes constructive discourses on the nature of diversity; and that engages faculty, staff and students in activities that promote the MCK’s core values.
- Learning for life: Learning for life, in the liberal arts tradition, encourages us to pursue knowledge and truth throughout our lives in ways that improve our communities and ourselves and that strengthen our understanding of each other.