The Department of Mathematics which started in 2016, offers a Bachelor of Science in Mathematics, a six-semester programme under the Choice based Credit and Semester System. B.Sc Mathematics at Marian has a unique combination of courses - Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science and Accounting, the first of its kind in Kerala.
The world and natural occurrences are intricately linked with mathematics. It is the ability to reason, be imaginative, think abstractly or spatially, think critically, solve problems, and communicate effectively.
Students have been placed in reputable companies across the country 100 percent of the time.
Deloitte, TCS, Wipro, Infosys, Cognizant, Tech Mahindra, Sutherland, and others are among them.
The pass rate is consistently higher than 90%.
Many students enrolled in famous Indian and international institutions for higher study.
Students can pursue additional studies in mathematics, statistics, computer science, or management, leading to jobs in research or teaching, because the course combination in the BSc Mathematics programme at Marian is unique in Kerala and the first of its kind.
• Lectures, Statistical survey, Group Project, Group Discussions, Presentation, Seminars, Peer learning, innovative assignments.
• Teaching learning process through Moodle platform.
• Industrial visits and Seminars provide real time interactions with Industrial Experts.
• Walk and Talk – an informal interactive activity for the students.
• Outreach programmes/ Extension activities.
• Various skill enhancement training for the students in academic and non-academic activities.