A joint venture of Marian College Kuttikkanam Autonomous (MCK) India and Lincoln University College (LUC) Malaysia
Lincoln University College (LUC) Kuala Lumpur Malaysia (www.lincoln.edu.my), is one of the premier institutions of higher education approved by the Ministry of Higher Education and Malaysian Qualifications Agency (MQA) the National Accreditation Board. LUC is a vibrant and diverse academic center focused on research, teaching and learning and helps to realize innovative knowledge. LUC brings together world-renowned faculty and students from all over the world. At present LUC has presence in 36 countries across the globe. The dynamic culture and pioneering academic programs of Lincoln University College prepare the industrious students for the 21st century careers. LUC is the associate member of the “Association of Indian Universities (AIU)”. (Serial no. 735 in page no. 98 of the AIU Handbook), member of the “International Association of Universities (IAU)”, member of the “Association of Commonwealth Universities”, has been registered under the Medical Council of India (MCI) for MBBS/ equivalent course.
Marian College Kuttikkanam Autonomous has entered into an agreement with LUC for academic support of their mutual interests in the field of education and research. Accordingly the Marian LUC Research Center has been established at Marian College Kuttikkanam for imparting research programs leading to the award of PhD degree by the Lincoln University College Malaysia under various disciplines and inter disciplinary areas from June 2020.
Program: DOCTOR of PHILOSOPHY (PhD):
(Single disciplinary or Interdisciplinary research is permitted)
Admission will be based on the qualifying examination and the performance of the candidate in the entrance test conducted by the university 3 times – in January, May and September every year.
3 years from the date of registration (No extension will be allowed as LUC follows “On Time Completion (OTC)”
- Research work can be carried out under the supervision of a guide provided by the Marian College or an approved guide allotted by the LUC.
- All research scholars should go to the University in Malaysia atleast twice during the study (a) for Registration and (b) for Open Defence.
- Coursework can be done either at the Partner Institution (Marian College) or in the LUC as per the syllabus approved by the University.
- End of every semester there will be a review in front of panel of experts
- Publications: minimum 2 in Scopus index journals and 2 in non Scopus journals during study
- International seminars with Paper Presentation: minimum 2 during study either in India or abroad
- Thesis Evaluation and Open Defense: will be conducted by the LUC by a committee appointed for each researcher.
- PhD degree will be awarded to the successful scholars by the LUC