Coaching Programme for Competitive Examinations
A sizable number of our students take one competitive exam or other. Owing to lack of proper training and motivation, hardly any one of them succeed in getting a job that matches their qualification and interest. If they are trained well, many of them may be able to fulfil their dream of getting a position in government service or in any organized sector like banking, insurance and corporations, to name a few. It is possible for students to prepare for competitive exams along with their regular degree programmes. Thus, a comprehensive coaching programme will go a long way towards helping students in taking competitive exams and job aptitude test successfully.
Objective of the Programme:
To prepare students to take competitive examinations like Bank Test, SSC, PSC, RRB etc. and common aptitude tests successfully.
Syllabus of the Programme (Lecture hours in brackets)
Quantitative Aptitude (75 Hours)
- Number system (3 Hours)
- 2) Squares, cubes, square root and cube root (3 Hours)
- 3) LCM and HCF (2 Hours)
- 4) Surds and Indices (3 Hours)
- 5) Fractions (5 Hours)
- 6) Percentage (3 Hours)
- 7) Profit and Loss (4 Hours)
- 8) Time and Work (5 Hours)
- 9) Time and Distance (5 Hours)
- 10) Ratio and Proportion (2 Hours)
- 11) Partnership (2 Hours)
- 12) Alligation and mixtures (1 Hour)
- 13) Simple Interest and Compound Interest (4)
- 14) Age based problems (2)
- 15) Elementary Algebra (5 Hours)
- 16) Elementary Geometry (5 Hours)
- 17) Data Analysis and Interpretation (6 Hours)
- 18) Quadratic Equation (3 Hours)
- 19) Simplification and Approximation (3 hours)
- 20) Trigonometry (3 hours)
- 21) Permutation and Combination (4 Hours)
- 22) Probability (2 Hours)
Reasoning Aptitude (25 Hours)
- Coding and Decoding (3 Hour)
- Coded inequalities (3 Hours)
- Directions (1 Hour)
- Syllogism (4 Hours)
- Puzzles (2 Hours)
- Reasoning based on rules (2 Hours)
- Statement-Argument (2 Hour)
- Statement- Assumption (1 Hour)
- Input-output (3 Hours)
- Blood relations (2 Hour)
- Miscellaneous (2 Hours)
General English (20 Hours)
- Tenses (6 Hours)
- Direct and Indirect Speech (2 Hours)-
- Articles (2 Hours)
- Conditional Sentences (2 Hours)
- Phrasal verbs (2 Hours)
- Concord (1 Hour)
- Relative pronoun (1 Hour)
- Vocabulary (2 Hours)
- Cloze Tests (2 Hours)
IV Static GK (20 Hours)
V Financial and Banking Awareness (10 hours)
- CO1 Apply basic numerical skill in solving questions of competitive exams and aptitude tests.
- CO2 Demonstrate the ability to approach logically in attempting questions on Reasoning Ability.
- CO3 Demonstrate the knowledge of Basic English grammar in taking competitive exams.
Mode of delivery of the course
Lecture classes, Online and offline model tests and evaluation and Doubt clearing sessions. Lecture class of each topic will be followed by topic specific model tests and discussion. Computer lab facility of the College may be used for conducting online tests. Students can attempt practice tests using their own devices at any time convenient for them.
Timing of the lecture classes
Lecture classes will be conducted on working days after the regular classes.
Who can join the programme?
Any Marian student can join the programme.