Department of Hospitality & Tourism Management
|Course Name||No.of semesters||Total seats
|Master of Management in Hospitality (MMH) Aided||4||25
Department of Hospitality & Tourism Management was found in 2003, in response to the NAAC Peer Team recommendation and in view of the tourism importance of Idukki district. It offers Master of Management in Hospitality (MMH), a four semester government aided master’s programme in hospitality and tourism. As an add-on certification, the department offers PGDHO - (2 year PG Diploma in Hotel Operations) – Designed and delivered by the MMH faculty. The curriculum is designed by the faculty of Marian after consulting industry and academia experts and modelled on a similar programme at Cornell University, USA.
- Candidates seeking admission to the MMH programme through CSS shall be required to have a minimum pass mark or equivalent grade in any undergraduate programme of Mahatma Gandhi University, Kottayam or of any recognized University or authority accepted by the Mahatma Gandhi University, Kottayam as equivalent thereto.
- Selection of the students is made on the basis of merit list prepared and published.
- The merit mark will be the cumulative score of any one of the national level management entrance examination (like MAT, CAT, CMAT or any other all India examinations of similar nature), Group Discussion and Personal Interview.
- The total marks shall be calculated out of 150. The breakup of marks shall be :
- Entrance Test : 75 marks
- Personal Interview : 75 marks
- Only online applications will be accepted. Application fee should be remitted online.
- Students who have already submitted the enquiry form must also fill the online application.
- Application fee is Rs 400/- (Rs 200/- for SC/ST candidates).
- Single application is sufficient for any 3 PG programmes.
- Application fee once remitted shall not be refunded under any circumstances.
- Admission to management seats will be made by the Management. Interested students can apply. Rs 500 extra.
- Candidates applying under management/community quota have to download an additional form after registration. The form has to be filled and submitted to the college office.
- Age proof (10th Matriculation Certificate), Proof of eligibility certificates for bonus marks must be uploaded.
- Candidates awaiting results of the qualifying examination are also eligible to apply. However, admission process can be completed only after the submission of result of the qualifying examination.
- Management programme with Tourism, Hospitality specializations
- Interdisciplinary focus appreciated by industry
- Industry internships in all semesters – total 6 months
- Multiple Skills training incorporated - English, IT, Itinerary Preparation, Tours & Events Management & Business Presentation skills
- Curriculum designed by the faculty of Marian consulting industry and academia experts- Approved by the MG University in Nov 2003 ;Modelled on a similar programme at Cornell University, USA.
- Add on : PGDHO - (2 year PG Diploma in Hotel Operations) – Designed and delivered by the MMH faculty
- Spirit of experimentation in classroom activities, Fun filled learning ambience & Enhanced use of ICT
- University Ranks : First three ranks in all the years
- Higher Studies (PhD) : 4 students
- Sports achievements : Represented MG university in Shuttle Badminton
- Academic Qualifications
Teachers with International Exposure : 5
Teachers with Industry Experience
- PhD holders : 2
- PhD pursuing : 2
- Additional PG : 2
- BEd : 1
- International Diploma in Theme Centered Interaction (TCI) : 1
- Certified Hospitality Educator : 2
- Work Experience : 4
- Training Experience : 1
Expert committee/University bodies memberships /Participation in Syllabus formulation : 6 Teachers
Experience in Academic Administration/Leadership : 5 Teachers
Syllabi designed by the faculty of the department : MMH, PGDHO, Airfares & Ticketing, Diploma in Hospitality & Tourism
Faculty as Resource person : 17
Articles published : 7
Seminars attended : 24
Papers presented : 19
Paper presentations Abroad : 4
Books/study materials : 2
- <5 years : 1
- 5-10 years : 1
- 10-15 years : 1
- > 15 years : 4
|Dr Joby Cyriac|
|HOD, PG Department of Management in Hospitality|