Department of M Com - PGDM
|Course Name||No.of semesters||Total seats
|Master of Commerce - Finance (M Com)||4||25
|Master of Commerce - CMA (M Com)||4||25
The Department of M Com - PGDM offers a regular Master of Commerce programme coupled with Post Graduate Diploma in Management. Post Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM) is offered as a value addition to the regular M.Com programme. MCom-PGDM is a unique two year full time PG Programme with dual specialisation in Finance & Management. It is specially designed to equip the students with necessary managerial and entrepreneurial skills required for handling the business, particularly in managerial field by adding more inputs with case study concepts, soft skills and methodologies from a global set of standards with strong industrial interface. It also improves professional effectiveness among the participants which helps them to respond positively to the economic, social and organizational challenges arising from the technology advancement and impact of globalization.
Marian College Kuttikkanam (Autonomous) is accredited by the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI) for conducting oral coaching classes for Professional Competency Course (PCC). The Department of M Com - PGDM is coordinating the training programme.
- Graduation in Commerce /BBA/BBM with not less than CGPA of 1.80 out of 4 in the Core Group (Core + Complementary + Open Courses).
- Graduation in Commerce /BBA/BBM with not less than CCPA of 4.5 out of 10 in the Core Group (Core + Complementary + Open Courses).
- Graduation in Commerce /BBA/BBM with not less than 45% marks in the Part III (Main/Core + subsidiaries/Complementaries.
|CBCSS Pattern||Pre CBCSS Pattern
|For Graduates who have passed B Com Model I Programme|
|CGPA secured for Core Course * total credit of core course + CGPA (complenmentary course) * total credit of complementary course/ (total credit for core course + total credit for complementary course)
(A) A* 25 = percentage of marks
(B) B * 10= marks out of 1000
(C) Index mark = C + weightage + bonus marks – handicap marks, if any
||Marks secured for part III Main papers is converted into 1000. Index mark is calculated after adding/deducting weightage/bonus/handicap marks if any
|For Graduates who have passed B Com Model II/ Model III/ BBA/ BBM||CGPA secured for part III core courses is converted into percentage marks by multiplying the same by 25. The percentage of marks thus obtained is converted into marks out of 1000 by multiplying the same by 10.
||In the case of candidates who have passed B Com Model II, marks secured for Part III Core papers is converted into 1000. In the case of students who have passed BBA total marks obtained excluding the marks of English, Social Project, Management Project, Viva shall be converted to 1000 and in the case of candidates who have passed BBM total marks obtained excluding the marks of English, Industrial Training and Project report and Comprehensive Viva-Voce shall be converted to 1000. Index mark is calculated after adding/deducting weightage/bonus/handicap marks, if any.
- Only online applications will be accepted. Application fee should be remitted online.
- Students who have already submitted the enquiry form must also fill the online application.
- Application fee is Rs 500/- (Rs 200/- for SC/ST candidates).
- Single application is sufficient for any 3 PG programmes.
- Application fee once remitted shall not be refunded under any circumstances.
- Admission to management seats will be made by the Management. Interested students can apply. Rs 500 extra.
- Candidates applying under management/community quota have to download an additional form after registration. The form has to be filled and submitted to the college office.
- Age proof (10th Matriculation Certificate), Proof of eligibility certificates for bonus marks must be uploaded.
- Candidates awaiting results of the qualifying examination are also eligible to apply. However, admission process can be completed only after the submission of result of the qualifying examination.
- Dual Degree Programme
- CMA Coaching
- Excel Certification Programme
- Fully Residential Programme
- 100% Placement
- 100% Pass Percentage
- UGC NET, JRF Coaching
- Bank Test Coaching
- Career Oriented Training
- National Conference and Management Fest
- Daily Current Affairs Analysis
- Research Methodology and SPSS Workshops
- Personality Development Programme for Soft Skill Development
- Summer Internship Programme
- Industrial visits and Social Outreach Programmes
- Mentoring and Value Education Sessions
- Peer Teaching
- Startup Initiatives by the students
- Entrepreneurial Activities
- Cake Fest – Xenia
- Charitable Services
- Alumni Interaction
- Out Bound Training (OBT)
- Walk And Talk
- University Rank: 2
- Ms. Christy Tess George secured First rank with Gold Medal in the M.Com Degree Examination held in March 2019
- 2 students qualified CMA Intermediate (Group 1 and Group 2)
- 3 students qualified CMA Intermediate (Group 1)
- UGC JRF qualified student: 1
- UGC NET qualified students during the last five years : 11
- SET qualified students during the last five years: 40
- Ph.D completed student: 1, Pursuing :2
- Many students from the department is working as Assistant Professors in various college, Aided: 5 , Self-financing:25
- 1 student won university level A grade for Kathaprasangam in 2017
- 2 students got Top performer award among the summer interns 2018 from Malayala Manorama
- Our students won Overall championship and prizes in National level management fest conducted in various institutions
- Our students coordinated the various placement drives and Job fair conducted at Marian College, Kuttikkanam
- Live project at Idukki district on the topic “ Empowering the villages by Financial Inclusion” and presented it in the National Conference
- Our students attended and presented papers in National and International Conferences
- Our students published papers in International Journal
- Students created YouTube channel
- Students completed online courses
- Academic Qualifications
One faculty is Former Chairman of B.Com and M.Com Examinations, Former Member, Inspection Committee and Subject Expert for B.Com, M.Com, Ph.D Courses in MG University Kottayam, Kerala
One faculty is Former Member of Syllabus Revision Committee and Board of Examination, MG University Kottayam, Kerala
One faculty is a CMA (ICWAI) holder
Three Faculty members have industry experiences
- Ph. D holders : 3
- M Phil: 1
- Two are Research Guides of MG University and produced 13 Ph.D and 13 in progresses.
Book Published : 5
Article Published : 20
Faculty Attended – International Conference : 2; National Seminars Attended : 37; Workshop Attended : 16
- Major Research Project : 3
- Minor Research Project : 2
|Jaymon MR (98-464-95661)|
|Cyril Manuel (994-785-4805)|
|Shinta S (884 846 7840)|
|Sneha Alex (9544762536)|