Department of Communication & Media Studies
|Programme Name||No.of semesters||Total seats
|MA Communication & Media Studies||4||40
Department of Communication and Media Studies of Marian College Kuttikkanam (Autonomous) offers MA in Communication and Media Studies with the aim of creating a pattern of practice-based learning, endowing the students with a rich subset of talents that would help them excel in the field of mass media, public relations, new media, event management and advertising. The course comprises written examinations, research papers, practical work, project works, internships and viva-voce. The course is handled by experienced and erudite faculty members in the field of media academics.
- Any Bachelor’s degree from Mahatma Gandhi University or equivalent approved by the Mahatma Gandhi University with an aggregate of 50% (or CGPA of 2). SC/ST candidates need only a pass in the qualifying examination. SEBC and OEC candidates will be given a relaxation of 3% and 5 % respectively in the prescribed minimum marks.
- Selection of the students is made on the basis of merit list prepared and published by the college. The merit mark will be the cumulative score of the following.
- Entrance Examination: Candidates will be called for entrance examination conducted by the College consisting of objective type questions on Verbal Ability, Reasoning Ability, Vocabulary and language proficiency in English, General Knowledge and Current Affairs. Maximum marks allotted to the objective type test are 75 marks.
- Personal Interview: The candidates will be called for a Personal Interview after the entrance examination. Maximum marks allotted to the personal interview are 75 marks.
- Qualifying Examination: Marks scored in the qualifying examination will be considered for publishing the final selection list. Weightage given to marks scored in the qualifying exam would be 50 marks.
- Selection for the course will be on the basis of the cumulative marks scored in Entrance Examination, Personal interview and qualifying examination.
- The final rank list will be prepared out of 200.
- Only online applications will be accepted. Application fee should be remitted online.
- Students who have already submitted the enquiry form must also fill the online application.
- Application fee is Rs 400/- (Rs 200/- for SC/ST candidates).
- Single application is sufficient for any 3 PG programmes.
- Application fee once remitted shall not be refunded under any circumstances.
- Admission to management seats will be made by the Management. Interested students can apply. Rs 500 extra.
- Candidates applying under management/community quota have to download an additional form after registration. The form has to be filled and submitted to the college office.
- Age proof (10th Matriculation Certificate), Proof of eligibility certificates for bonus marks must be uploaded.
- Candidates awaiting results of the qualifying examination are also eligible to apply. However, admission process can be completed only after the submission of result of the qualifying examination.
- The Master of Arts programme in Communication & Media Studies is the only one of its kind in Kerala
- The programme has the right blend of conventional and new media formats with which students can easily move into television, radio, print and digital media
- Convergence of media forms constitute the central theme of the syllabus in concordance with the industry requirement
- The fully residential programme gives the students ample opportunity to practice their skills in the highly equipped audio-visual lab day and night
|Fr Soby Kannalil|
|Dept. of MA Communication & Media Studies|