Department of Mathematics
|Programme Name||No.of semesters||Total seats
|Bachelor of Science in Mathematics (Self Financing)||6||30
Department of Mathematics, the youngest department on the campus, offers BSc. Mathematics, a six semester programme. The core areas include data analytics, big data and other emerging areas in the IT industry. The students who complete our B Sc. Mathematics programme can pursue higher studies in Mathematics/ Statistics/Computer Science/ Management leading to research and teaching profession. The programme offers special training for:
- Competitive exams like bank tests and UPSC exams
- Recruitment drives of IT and other reputed companies
- Candidates shall be required to have passed the Plus Two/equivalent examination with Mathematics as one of the optional subjects orMathematics as one of the subjects in Commerce group.
- Total marks obtained in Part III of the qualifying examination less handicap marks plus marks obtained for the Mathematics subject plus bonus marks if any.
- Only online applications will be accepted. Application fee should be remitted online.
- Students who have already submitted the enquiry form must also fill the online application.
- Application fee is Rs 500/- (Rs 200/- for SC/ST candidates).
- Single application is sufficient for all UG programmes.
- Application fee once remitted shall not be refunded under any circumstances.
- Admission to management seats will be made by the Management. Interested students can apply. Rs 500 extra.
- Candidates applying under management/community quota have to download an additional form after registration. The form has to be filled and submitted to the college office.
- Age proof (10th Matriculation Certificate), Proof of eligibility certificates for bonus marks must be uploaded.
- Candidates awaiting results of the qualifying examination are also eligible to apply. However, admission process can be completed only after the submission of result of the qualifying examination.
BSc Mathematics is a six semester undergraduate programme, with a unique course mix, the first of its kind in Kerala. The students who successfully complete our BSc Mathematics programme can pursue higher studies in Mathematics/Statistics/Computer Science/Management leading to research or teaching profession. They can also find opportunities in the IT industry as well as in the emerging areas like Data Analytics, Big Data and so on.
The major attractions of the course are:
- Incorporation of ‘Finance and Accounting’ as a complementary course in addition to Statistics and Computer Science.
- ‘Mathematics for Competitive Examinations and Soft Skills’ is a core course. This course gives students training in logical thinking and expression, a must for all careers.
- This course gives training in logical thought and expression, and is a good preparation for many careers.
- The right programme for those who wish to pursue their career as Chartered Accountants, Company Secretaries, accounting or finance professionals
- Special training for Competitive Examinations.
Lecture, Statistical survey, Group Project, GD, Presentation, Assignments, Seminars, Peer learning.
Walk and Talk, Industrial visits, Outreach programmes.
Special training for:
- Competitive exams like bank tests and UPSC exams.
- Recruitment drives of IT and other reputed companies.
|Ms Athiramol T V, Mobile: 9495782208|
|Office: 04869-232203, 232654, +919447083311|