Department of Communicative English
|Programme Name||No.of semesters||Total seats
|BA English Literature, Communication & Journalism |
The Department of Communicative English offers Bachelor of Arts in English Literature, Communication & Journalism, a six semester programme under the Choice Based Credit and Semester System of the MG University. The core areas of the programme include English Language and Literature, Journalism and Communication. The programme also includes two On the Job Training courses, one in Communicative English, and the other in Journalism. It is an ideal programme for students who want to pursue higher studies in Journalism, Management, Social Work, Tourism, Hospitality, Law and English.
- Candidates shall be required to have passed Plus Two or equivalent examination or an examination recognised by this University as equivalent thereto.
- Total marks obtained in the qualifying examination less handicap marks plus twice the marks secured in Part I English of the Plus Two/equivalent examination plus weightage of 50 marks to those who have taken English as one of the optional for the qualifying exam plus bonus marks if any.
- Only online applications will be accepted. Application fee should be remitted online.
- Students who have already submitted the enquiry form must also fill the online application.
- Application fee is Rs 400/- (Rs 200/- for SC/ST candidates).
- Single application is sufficient for all UG programmes.
- Application fee once remitted shall not be refunded under any circumstances.
- Admission to management seats will be made by the Management. Interested students can apply. Rs 500 extra.
- Candidates applying under management/community quota have to download an additional form after registration. The form has to be filled and submitted to the college office.
- Age proof (10th Matriculation Certificate), Proof of eligibility certificates for bonus marks must be uploaded.
- Candidates awaiting results of the qualifying examination are also eligible to apply. However, admission process can be completed only after the submission of result of the qualifying examination.
- Compulsory library hours and library journal
- Lecture /quiz/ GD/presentation/assignments/audio-visual materials/Media visits
- On the Job Training ( 4 students at a tribal school)
- ‘After School` – classes for school students
- Outreach programme – DARE Peermade, Nava Jeevan Kottayam
- ‘Expert Talks’ for students by eminent professors and professionals
- Intensive communication skills enhancement and confidence building programme for students from local govt/aided schools - Extension dept
- Best NSS volunteer – MG University, participation in Republic Day parade
- Participation in Indian Students Parliament, prizes in inter collegiate fests, staging of Shakespeare’s plays, anchor on Asianet Channel, Speak for Kerala(debate)
- On the Job Training in The Hindu, The New Indian Express, Kairali Channel, Asianet News, Reporter etc
- Website for socio-political discussions http://echayakkada.com
- Placement for eight final year students in GICE (Goan Institute of Communicative English), Infosys and Sutherland (highest salary 16000/month)
- In-house newsletter covering major events on the campus
- Association of Communicative English Students – photo exhibition & seminar on photography [ Mr Balan Madhavan - National Geographic]
Teachers with International Exposure : 2
- Academic Qualifications
Best Principal Award (Instituted by T John College, Bangalore) : Sr Dr Flower
Chairman ( formerly), MG University Board of Studies & Board of Examiners - Sr Dr Flower
Communication skills trainers , MG University additional examiners, quiz master
Additional English classes for PG departments
Training partner for ASAP (Additional Skill Acquisition Programme) of Govt of Kerala for college students
‘Excellence and Beyond’ – special communication skills enhancement programme for select students from each class
Seminars attended : 28
Papers presented : 6
Books/study materials published : 3
- less than 5 years : 3
- 5-10 years : 2
- 15-20 years : 2
- more than 40 years : 1
|Mr Joy Joseph, Hod, Mobile: 9447310212|
|Office: 04869-232203, 232654, +919447083311|